- Enter Dojo. Bow as you enter.
- Must have signed permission/waiver slip on file.
- Sign in.
- Pay if money is owed.
- Recite any Bible verses that you are ready to say. You must have your sign-off sheet and Bible or the verse written out in the version in which you learned it.
- Remove shoes and socks and place all personal property against the wall, out of the way in a neat manner.
- Put on Gi and belt. Belt must not be worn outside of the Dojo.
- Check Dojo floor for debris or other obstructions to hinder training.
- Wait for class to begin by warming up, practicing Karate or working on your verses.
- Parents are responsible for their child until starting time.
- Visitors and spectators need to be respectful of noise and activity level while class is in session.
- Line up by order of rank. Higher belts in front and to the right. Students without Gi’s to the rear.
- Stand at attention, feet together, hands at your side and looking straight ahead until class has officially been started by an Instructor.
- Class will be opened with prayer and then in the traditional style of Karate.
- If you are late, stand to the side of the class until acknowledged by an Instructor, then fall-in to the rear.
- Follow instructions given by the Instructor to the letter.
- Do not execute the move until told to do so. Do not get ahead of the Instructor; it may hinder another student’s training.
- Pay close attention. Instructions may not be given more than once.
- No talking when Instructor is talking.
- When not participating, still pay attention. You can learn by watching.
- No one may leave the Dojo without permission for any reason. Ask an Instructor first.
- If you become ill or injured, contact an Instructor immediately.
- Show respect to the Instructor. Do not express your opinion, complain or correct the Instructor.
- Line up as in the beginning.
- When told to sit, do so. Keep your legs crossed “Indian style”.
- Pay attention to the Speaker. Your moving around may distract the person next to you. That person may really need to hear what is being said. This time is very important to the goals of ACKA. It is also disrespectful to the speaker and other students.
- Class will end with a prayer and then in the traditional style of Karate.
- Collect your personal property and remove your belt.
- Leave Dojo unless personally requested to stay by an Instructor.
- If you have any questions for an Instructor, regarding the night’s training or the ending lesson, you may approach an Instructor. The Instructor will assist you.
- Upon exiting, stop and turn back towards the Dojo, bow, then exit.
- Parents are responsible to pick their children up on time at the Dojo.